Monday, August 6, 2007

Psalm 46 - God of All (cease striving)

Psalm 46 was one of the psalms that I have been trying to memorize since 2005. It has been hanging in my shower (yes - my shower) so that I see it everyday. the "Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth" is bolded and always catches my eye. Those few phrases have been emblazoned upon my heart and have been my stronghold when I was pushing hard to get my own way instead of God's way. Sometimes I just realize that I have to obey - and that means to just stop and recognize God's reign in my life - He is my stronghold.

Click to hear music file

Chorus
You told me to Cease, Cease Striving
You told me to Cease, Cease Striving
You told me to Cease, Cease Striving - know that You are God

Verse
You are God of all the nations
You are God of all the earth
You are God above creation
You are God of all

Bridge
Though the mountains tremble
and the earth will shake
You are are my Refuge
You are my Strength

Though the waters roar
we will not have fear
You will break the bow
You will cut the spear

No comments: